It’s been almost 3 years since I posted anything on this blog, but thought this might be a great time to resurrect it since we’re taking another crazy trip.
From my point of view, going to Korea will actually be a little tamer than Spain, Portugal, and Morocco with the older two, but we do have a couple things working against us:
- There are actually three of them now (not sure how that happened)
- The flight to Korea is (a lot) longer: 13 hours to Japan, 3 hours layover there, and then another 3 hours to Seoul.
- The older two might discover that “Gangam Style” refers to an actual region of Seoul, in which case Karen and I will end up hearing that song (a lot.)
So, you might ask, why go?
- We didn’t want JR. To feel left out by not having a trip he wouldn’t remember later.
- It’s been awhile since we had a vacation, and somehow we were too dumb to just go to Florida.
- We actually took HT to China as a baby and Karen said, “I’m never going back to Asia without a little blond baby again.” This is our last blond baby, so we thought we might want to take advantage.
- Neither of us (none of us if you count the kids) has ever been to Korea. That’s a bigger deal than you might think because we’re keeping score. I have a 5 country lead on Karen, but every place we go to that one of us has already been, it causes an unfair advantage. We both win with this one.
- It’ll be fun?
More posts too come soon–now time to bed so I have plenty of energy for all of that hard traveling. (Please, please, please let’s hope the LeapPads work for most of the flight and that the baby sleeps!)
Finally, I thought you might like to see this: